Brookhaven OB-GYN Associates, PA offers the newest trend in healthcare for our patients. We begin to check the gender of the baby starting at 16 weeks. Although it is difficult to check the gender of the baby at this time, we will provide this service to all pregnant women who want to know as soon as possible. Being able to determine the gender depends on a variety of factors, including how far along you are in your pregnancy, the size of the baby, the size of the mother, whether you are having a boy or girl, and the position of your baby. The following information may help answer some questions you may have about this new service.
• The 2D sonogram is not an x-ray. It uses the same sound wave principle of the sonograms that we have always used.
• This sonogram is not intended to replace the Survey scan which is performed at 20 weeks. The sonogram, done at that time, evaluates the baby’s organs and remains the most sensitive test for detecting birth defects.
• The Gender Scan can be scheduled between 16 and 20 weeks of your pregnancy.
• The cost of the Gender Scan is not currently covered by insurance.
• Payment by cash or credit card before services are rendered is required.
The package will include the following: Price – $75.00
• 10-15 minute sonogram recorded on DVD
• Sex/Gender check only
• 2 – 4 black & white 2D pictures
In many cases the images are incredible in their detail; however, the quality of the sonogram is dependent on the position, movement of the baby, and size of the mother.
We do NOT guarantee that you will have a perfect picture of your baby. Due to the time requirements of these sonograms, no refund is offered as a result of these reasons.